Emory Research Management System
ERMS is a web-based clinical research management tool used to assist Emory Healthcare and Emory University with their joint research billing compliance program. It facilitates communication of subject enrollment and study visit activity by the research team with the billing departments, as well as identifies all clinical trials occurring at Emory and Emory affiliates for the purpose of ensuring patient safety.
There are four types of studies entered in ERMS:
1. Meets the NIH or FDA definition of a clinical trial. The Request for Clinical Trial Activation in ERMS for Subject Enrollment Notification ONLY (if there are no EHC billables) must be submitted to OCR@Emory.edu before the study is activated in ERMS.
2. Has EHC or GHS billable items or services, requiring a PRA.
3. Managed by OCR Invoicing team.
4. Conducted under expanded access protocols.
For questions related to applicability of ERMS, please contact OCR at OCR@emory.edu
- Entry of the patient in EeMR
- Entry of research information in the Clinical Trials tab
- Activation of the Clinical Trials banner
- Upload of the patient signed consent
- Enter subject into ERMS on the same day the subject signs the informed consent document (ICD) for the study.
- Please fax the signature page of the ICD with the initial pharmacy order. For clinic-based subjects, fax to 404-427-0265. For hospital-based subjects, fax to 404-712-0299.
- Print the fax
coversheetfrom ERMS. (If you are enrolling subjects at a non-Emory site, you do not have to print the fax coversheetor send the signed consent).
- Submit the fax coversheet along with the entire Informed Consent document with appropriate signatures to OCR either via fax at 404-778-4989 or via email to OCR@emory.edu. If you are enrolling subjects at a non-Emory site, i.e., CHOA, Grady, or VA, or if the IRB has deemed your study as "sensitive," you do not have to submit the fax
coversheetor signed consent.
- Track the subject's visit on the same day of the study visit.
- When a subject is no longer in the study, please complete the off-study date in ERMS and indicate a reason for completion
aseither Early Termination, Screen Failure, Completed Study, or Participant Withdrew Consent.